Are you looking to explore or further develop a career in international education? Do you want to live in Beijing, a dynamic capital city? Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding work experience, with opportunity for professional development and leadership advancement? Do you want to work with a passionate, diverse – and fun-loving – team?
Due West Education is an international education consulting company. For over eight years, our business has been unlocking human potential and helping students from different demographic backgrounds and education systems achieve their dreams. Our comprehensive programs focus on delivering educational services that both complement and supplement curricular experiences that students receive at their academic institutions. Since our founding, we have combated the unrealistic promises of agents, ineffective support from schools, misinformation among parents, and the proliferation of for-profit high schools to become one of the most established firms in China. And we’re looking for people to join our exceptional team!
Due West Education is seeking talented individuals to serve as Counselors on our Secondary School Admissions and Undergraduate Admissions teams. Counselors work directly with students, providing mentorship to develop their intellectual curiosity, extra-curricular impact, and readiness for college or secondary school. Competitive candidates will be able to thrive in a dynamic business environment and share our commitment to providing clients with high quality professional, ethical, and motivational advice as they navigate the American boarding school and college application process. We’re looking for team members who want to learn, develop professionally in their career, and make significant contributions to our growing organization. Our full-time positions are based in Beijing, China.
Secondary School Admissions
· Counselors work with 5th–10th grade students applying to American boarding and junior boarding school programs.
· Undergraduate Admissions
· Counselors work with 10th–12th grade students applying to American colleges and universities.
– Guide students through a process of self-discovery, help them identify their interests and ambitions, brainstorm authentic essay topics, and advise students on a comprehensive and cohesive application angle.
– Provide detail-oriented guidance on all components of students’ school applications, including school list generation, personal statement development, resume polishing, and interview preparation.
• Create and execute a plan for students’ personal and intellectual growth and realization of goals.
• Collaborate with parents and Due West Parent Coordinators to facilitate students’ development and provide updates on their progress.
• Support families with the specific problems faced by students applying from a global context.
– Collaborate with Due West Course Consultants in the sales process to represent the Undergraduate or Secondary School team and educate families about our programs.
– Represent Due West and provide support during presentations, marketing events, and business development initiatives.
– Contribute to the continued growth of a start-up education company by taking advantage of skills in writing, presentation design, public speaking, data management, and relationship building.
• Have fluent English skills, with strong reading, writing, and public speaking abilities
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited American institution
• Desire to work on a multi-cultural team in an international environment
• Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work cooperatively
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Possess strong work ethic, communication skills, and organizational and time management abilities
• Desire to work in a fast-paced “start-up” environment
• Experience within rigorous academic and/or work environments
• Interest in learning and contributing to curriculum and program development
• Visa eligibility
• Mandarin language ability (not required; other East Asian languages also helpful)
• Cultural awareness, adaptability, and interest in China
• Previous experience in:
• Teaching or educational counseling
• Development or fundraising
• Project management
• Direct customer service
• Public relations/communications
• Desire to grow into a leadership position with increasing business development responsibilities
• Academic background in math, science, engineering, architecture, and/or artistic design
Employment Perks – Compensation & Benefits Include:
• Competitive industry salary commensurate with experience (up to 25k/month)
• Full support in applying for and obtaining work and residence permits (for international applicants)
• Relocation assistance (for applicants residing outside of Beijing)
• Comprehensive health insurance plan
• 17 days of paid annual leave and all official Chinese public holidays
• Mandarin language classes
• Regular team-building and social activities
Please contact us with your CV to apply.